ERR 2021 Covid Update
Given the increased concerns and presence with the more transmissible Delta Variant of COVID, and the increased Hancock County Maine COVID Hazard status of HIGH, we are wanting to do what is best for all ERR participants, students, and staff at Woodenboat, and community members. As we do not know what the upcoming week will bring, we want to be proactive rather than reactive and have come to the following decisions.
As of today, we plan on continuing with the shore side activities as planned, with a few modifications, described below and will be reiterated again on race day at both the Skippers Meeting as well as at the awards ceremony:
- We request that only crew, guests and participants who are fully vaccinated come onto Woodenboat Property.
- We encourage everyone to give one another some space/distance at the skippers meeting in the morning and at the awards ceremony in the evening.
- We will be providing hand sanitizer and masks at several locations and encourage use of masks when distancing is not possible.
- We encourage dinner guests to maintain adequate spacing and eat outside of the tents if possible.
- We encourage dancers and party goers to remain outside and not congregate under the eaves of the pole barn.
- Please use provided Port a Potties and NOT Woodenboat facilities as their water supply is limited and are reserved for Students and Staff ONLY.
- REMINDER- CAMPING IS NOT ALLOWED on Woodenboat Property this year- it is reserved for Woodenboat Students and Staff ONLY.
We are so glad to be having this event after a long year and want to ensure the health and safety of all our friends and colleagues. We have come so far and would hate to take several steps back after so many sacrifices and changes over the last year.
Please help us keep this wonderful event fun, positive and tolerant of everyone and their concerns during these uncertain times.
Thank you for your understanding,
The ERR Race Committee